Start.alawar.com is categorized as a browser hijacker, which is powered by Bing and changes your browser default settings including homepage and search engine. So whenever you launch your browser or open a new tab, you will always be redirected to its website. On the web page of Start.alawar.com, there are various ads and unknown short links to other unknown or game websites. You can see from the screenshot of Start.alawar.com below:
Like other browser hijacker, Start.alawar.com is usually bundled with free software. If you download freeware, it comes together. In addition, it may also get into your PC when you open some unknown spam emails/email attachment, click some suspicious pop-ups and links, and visit some compromised or even malicious websites, etc.
Start.alawar.com Removal Instruction
Method one: Manually remove Start.alawar.com from your system.
Method two: Remove Start.alawar.com Permanently with Spyhunter Antivirus software.
Step 1: End up all malicious processes related to Start.alawar.com from Windows Task Manager.
Open task manager by pressing Alt+Ctrl+Del keys at the same time and type taskmgr into the search blank. Then, press OK.
Step 2. Clear your internet history records, internet temp files and cookies by resetting your browsers.
1) Open Internet Explorer, click the Gear icon or Tools.
2) Choose Internet options.
3) Go to the Advanced tab and click the Reset button.
4) Go to the Reset Internet Explorer settings, Delete personal settings and click on Reset option.
5) Finally, click Close and OK to save the changes.
1) Open Mozilla Firefox, go to the Help section
2)Go to Troubleshooting Information. Then select Reset Firefox and click Finish.
1) Open Google Chrome,
2) Click the Chrome menu button, select Tools, and choose Extensions,
3) Find unknown extension and remove them by clicking Recycle bin.
4) Now click Settings, then click Show Advanced settings, Reset browser settings and click Reset.
Step 3: Remove Start.alawar.com from Registry Editor.
(1) Go to Start Menu and open Registry Editor.
(2) In the opened Window, type in Regedit and then click OK.
(3) Remove the related files and registry entries in Registry Editor.
What can SpyHunter do for you?
- Give your PC intuitive real-time protection.
- Detect, remove and block spyware, rootkits, adware, keyloggers, cookies, trojans, worms and other types of malware.
- Spyware HelpDesk generates free custom malware fixes specific to your PC.
- Allow you to restore backed up objects.
2: Follow the details to complete the installation processes listed below.
1) Double click on the download file, and follow the prompts to install the program.
2) Then click on "Run", if asked by the installer. The installer needs your permission to make changes to your computer.
3) SpyHunter installer will download its newest version from the Enigma Software Group servers.
4) Select your preferred language and click "OK" button.
5) Accept the License Agreement and click the "Next" button.
3: SpyHunter will start scanning your system automatically right after the installation has been completed.
4: Select the found malicious files after your scanning and click “Remove” button to delete all viruses.
5: Restart your computer to apply all made changes.
Optimizing Your System After Threat Removal (Optional)
What can RegCure Pro do for you?
- Fix system errors.
- Remove malware.
- Improve startup.
- Defrag memory.
- Clean up your PC
a) Click the icon below to download RegCure Pro automatically
b) Follow the instructions to finish RegCure Pro installation process
Step 2. Run RegCure Pro and start a System Scan on your PC.
Step 3. Use the in-built “Fix All" scheduler to automate the whole optimization process.
After using these methods, your computer should be free of Start.alawar.com. If you do not have much experience to remove it manually, it is suggested that you should download the most popular antivirus program SpyHunter to help you quickly and automatically remove all possible infections from your computer.