Search Conduit virus (http://search.conduit.com) is a pesky browser hijack virus which attacks browsers like Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox or Google Chrome. It is common that once the virus invades the system of target machine, it will hijack your browser to malicious domain that associated with http://search.conduit.com. Many random sites may keep popping up that result in Internet traffic as well. Basically, Search Conduit virus would change your default homepage of your browser via modifying DNS settings. In this case, you cannot use your browser normally at all. What’s more, the virus would open parts of system resources to third server, so that they will be able to trace your internet history and search habits to steal your personal data. It is obvious that the longer you keep the virus in your computer, the more dangerous your computer will be. However, antivirus programs cannot even pick up any trace of Search Conduit virus. It may be wise to choose manual approach to eliminate Search Conduit virus timely and completely.
Why antivirus cannot remove search.conduit.com?search.conduit.com is similar to many viruses released that can escape antivirus or can even prevent from scanning. Why? It’s obvious that people usually got this virus on their computers when surfing online, but when they wanted to remove it, only to find that the antivirus programs couldn't pick it up at all. This is mainly because search.conduit.com hides deep in the registry entries and mutates at quick speed that is capable of blocking antivirus software. Besides, it can also infect many system files and make them become its associated files. Although search.conduit.com removal didn’t help, people can still clean this threat completely by following the manual removal guide below.
Tips for repairing search engine* Google Chrome
Open your Google Chrome->Wrench Icon > Settings > Manage Search Engines->Remove any unnecessary Search Engines from the list and make a certain search engine you prefer as your default search engine.
* Mozilla Firefox
Open your Mozilla Firefox->Tools > Search Icon (Magnify Glass, Arrow) > Manage Search Engines->Remove any unnecessary Search Engines from the list and make a certain search engine you prefer as your default search engine.
* Internet Explorer
Open your Internet Explorer->Tools > Manage Add-ons > Search Providers->Remove any unnecessary Search Engines from the list and make a certain search engine you prefer as your default search engine.
Remove search.conduit.com manually and completely1. Launch the Task Manager by pressing keys “CTRL + Shift + ESC”, search for search.conduit.com processes and right-click to end them.
2. Get rid of the following files created by search.conduit.com:
3. Open Registry Editor (in Windows XP, go to Start Menu, run, type in “Regedit” and press OK; in Windows 7 & Windows Vista, go to Start menu, Search, type in “Regedit”), find out the following search.conduit.com registry entries and delete:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Active Setup\Installed Components\random
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\“UninstallString” = “‘%AppData%\[RANDOM]\[RANDOM].exe” -u
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\“ShortcutPath” = “‘C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\5ATIUYW62OUOMNBX256.exe” -u’”
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce “5ATIUYW62OUOMNBX256” = “‘C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\5ATIUYW62OUOMNBX256.exe’
Threats search.conduit.com may bring1. Search Conduit virus will constantly redirect your internet connection and tell you that you are browsing unsafely.
2. Your computer is acting slowly. Search Conduit virus slows down your system significantly. This includes starting up, shutting down, playing games, and surfing the web.
3. Searches are redirected or your homepage and desktop are settings are changed. This is a symptom of a very serious Search Conduit virus infection.
4. Search Conduit virus will shut down your other anti-virus and anti-spyware programs. It will also infect and corrupt your registry, leaving your computer totally unsafe.
5. You are getting pestered with pop ups. Search Conduit virus infects your registry and uses it to launch annoying pop up ads out of nowhere.
If you haven’t sufficient PC expertise and don’t want to make things worse, to remove the Search Conduit virus infection safely and permanently, contact Tee Support PC experts online 24/7 here to clean up the infection in a few minutes without repeating. Hurry up to drag it away from your computer forever!