What is PriceMinus? Is it useful?
PriceMinus is an ad-supported program that can be classified as adware which is able to install unwanted extensions and add-ons on your browsers including Chrome, Firefox, and Internet Explorer and then display lots of pop-up ads to promote its products. You will see various forms of PriceMinus ads such as banners, pop-ups, highlighted links, coupon on shopping sites, etc. You can see the screenshot of PriceMinus below (reference):
Once installed, you may receive lots of advertisement whenever you launch your browser or open a new tab. Besides, you encounter browser crashes and slow loading websites aroused by PriceMinus.
If you click those ads, you may be redirected to some suspicious websites aiming to promote products or services. Moreover, you may also get other unwanted programs or even malware. In addition, it can change your browser settings, which may slow down your browser performance. What's worse, it may collect your personal information without your permission. Therefore, it is recommended that you should take action to get rid of PriceMinusfrom your computer as soon as you can.
Threats brought by PriceMinus
- It change your browser settings and distribute lots of unwanted ads.
- It can mislead you to some malicious websites.
- It can degrade your PC performance seriously.
- It can record your browsing history or cookies.
- It can bring other computer threats such as malware and viruses.
- It may steal your important information for commercial purpose.
How to remove PriceMinus from your PC?
Manual removal steps:
Step 1: Remove PriceMinus from control panel.
Go to Start>> click on Control Panel>> select Uninstall a program/Programs and Features>>find PriceMinus related programs.
Step 2: End all the processes related to PriceMinus from task manager.
Open task manager by pressing Alt+Ctrl+Del keys at the same time and type taskmgr into the search blank. Then, press OK. Stop all the running processes of PriceMinus.
Step 3: Remove PriceMinus from your browsers:
1. Go for Alt + T and then click on Internet Option.
2. Select the "Advanced" tab and then click on the "Reset" button.
3. Move to the "Reset Internet Explorer setting", and then select "Delete personal setting" and press on "Reset" option.
4. Next, click on "close" and then OK to have modifications saved.
5. Click on the tabs Alt+T and go for Manage Add-ons. Move to Toolbars and Extensions, delete your unwanted extensions.
1. Open your Mozilla Firefox browser.
2. Type in "about : addons" in the shown URL field.
3. Delete the items which have something in common with PriceMinus from Extensions and Add-ons list.
4. Then reset Firefox by this steps: open FireFox browser; and move to Help; and then choose Troubleshooting information; finally Reset Firefox.
1. In the displayed URL field, type in Chrome://extension.
2. Take a look at the provided extensions and delete those which related to PriceMinus.
3. Then Reset Chrome.
Automatic removal steps:
SpyHunter is a powerful automatic removal tool which can help users to clean up the infections like worms, Trojans, rootkits, rogues, dialers, spyware,etc. besides, it is also capable to optimize your computer. What’s more, it can get along with existing security programs without any conflicts.
Step one: Click the icon to download SpyHunter removal tool
Follow the instrutions to install SpyHunter removal tool.
Step two: After the installation, run SpyHunter and click “Malware Scan” button to have a full or quick scan on your PC.
Step three: Select the detected malicious files after your scanning and click “Remove” button.
Optimizing Your System After Threat Removal (Optional)
Step 1. Download PC cleaner RegCure Pro
a) Click the icon below to download RegCure Pro automatically
b) Follow the instructions to finish RegCure Pro installation process
Step 2. Run RegCure Pro and start a System Scan on your PC.
Step 3. Use the in-built “Fix All" scheduler to automate the whole optimization process.
After using these methods, your computer should be free of PriceMinus. If you do not have much experience to remove it manually, it is suggested that you should download the most popular antivirus program SpyHunter to help you quickly and automatically remove all possible infections from your computer.