What is Websearch.searchtotal.info?
Websearch.searchtotal.info is a browser hijacker which is distributed to hijack your browser by changing your default homepage, search engine and so on. When it comes into your browser such as IE, Chrome and Firefox, it will set www.Websearch.searchtotal.info as the start page firmly without being chanced back easily, and display various unstoppable pop-up ads or banners to interrupt your online activities.
The screenshot of Websearch.searchtotal.info:
Once your computer is infected with Websearch.searchtotal.info, it will change your Internet browser setting automatically. On its webpage, there will be a lot of pop-up ads which may sell you some products or ask you to download some unwanted programs. However, you should not believe in the pop-up ads. The ads will bring much threats to your computer. If you search something on the search engine, you will not get the correct results but mislead you to irrelevant websites which may contain other unwanted programs. Moreover, this engine will give new ways to access your social networking platforms and your favorite websites. In this case, it can collect your important information for other purposes. It is suggested to remove Websearch.searchtotal.info from your computer as soon as possible. And it is highly recommended to keep a powerful anti-virus like Spyhunter on the computer to remove and block viruses.
Websearch.searchtotal.info Removal Guide
Method one: Manually remove Websearch.searchtotal.info from your system.
Step 1: End all the processes related to Websearch.searchtotal.info from task manager.
Open task manager by pressing Alt+Ctrl+Del keys at the same time or type taskmgr into the search blank. Then, press OK. Stop all the running processes of Websearch.searchtotal.info.
Step 2: Reset your browsers.
Click on Tools button and choose Internet Options
a) Reset Homepage (If your homepage has been replaced):
General tab >> Homepage section >> Use default button (use IE default homepage: msn) or either write your preferred homepage site at the text box.
b) Reset search engine:
General tab >> Search section >>Settings >> right-click your preferred search engine (e.g. Bing, Google) and select Set As Default. (You could also remove Websearch.searchtotal.info or other unwanted search engine here.)
Hit the Chrome menu on the browser toolbar and choose ‘settings’
a) Under On startup section, click Set pages and delete unwanted startup registry. And then set your own Startup page (e.g. Google)
b) Reset Homepage:
Under Appearance check Show Home button and click Change, select Use the New Tab page or enter any other website address you like as your homepage
c) Reset default search: within Search choose Google a preferred search engine.
a) Reset Homepage:
Firefox menu (top-left corner) >> select Options, under Home Page click the Restore to Default button click OK.
b) Reset default search
Click the icon on the left part of the search box >> Manage Search Engines, select Websearch.searchtotal.info and remove it.
Step 3: Remove Websearch.searchtotal.info from Registry Editor.
(1) Go to Start Menu and open Registry Editor.
(2) In the opened Window, type in Regedit and then click OK.
(3) Remove the related files and registry entries in Registry Editor.
Method two: Remove Websearch.searchtotal.info Permanently with Spyhunter Antivirus software.
- Give your PC intuitive real-time protection.
- Detect, remove and block spyware, rootkits, adware, keyloggers, cookies, trojans, worms and other types of malware.
- Spyware HelpDesk generates free custom malware fixes specific to your PC.
- Allow you to restore backed up objects.
(1) Firstly, please click on the icon below to download SpyHunter.
(2) Follow these instructions to install SpyHunter into your computer.
(3) After installation, you should click on " Malware Scan " button to scan your computer, after detect this unwanted program, clean up relevant files and entries completely.
(4) Restart your computer to apply all made changes.
RegCure Pro is a kind of tool you need to install to boost your computer's speed and performance. It can repair the computer’s system, and clean up the registry, junk, duplicate files and errors. The best way to improve your computer’s performance is to start with a scan. It can help you understand the current health status of your computer.
1. Download RegCure Pro by clicking on the button below.
2. Double-click on the RegCure Pro program to open it, and then follow the instructions to install it.
3. After installation, RegCure Pro will begin to automatically scan your computer.
Warm tip:After using these methods, your computer should be free of Websearch.searchtotal.info. If you do not have much experience to remove it manually, it is suggested that you should download the most popular antivirus program SpyHunter to help you quickly and automatically remove all possible infections from your computer.