What is Checked List?
Checked List is known as a nasty adware which usually infect your browsers including Internet Explorer, Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox as extension and add-on. And numerous annoying ads will keep popping up on your page. It usually shows you in the form of "Ads by Checked List", "Powered by Checked List ", "Brought by Checked List". You need to be careful when you notice this kind of ads.
Once installed, Checked List ads is able to constantly pop up lots of ads on your screen, which will interrupt your online activities. Besides, it is likely to drop other malware or viruses that can cause further damages to your computer. These ads may also redirect you to unknown websites which will contain more threats. On the other hands, it will degrade you computer performance. You will find your computer run slowly. In addition, the adawre can use codes to read your data via browser history and cache, then it can collect your information to do some illegal things. Thus,you should take action to get rid of Checked List Ads as soon as possible before the worse things happen.
How can Checked List Ads get on your computer?
Generally speaking, Checked List Ads can enter into computer via some approaches. For example, This kind of adware is often bundled with the third party software, file-sharing applications, freeware or any other online resources that can be downloaded from the Internet. Checked List Ads is installed during other third party software or other files downloading without asking your consent. And it invades into computer when you visit some infected websites or porn sites. In addition, sometimes because you click some displaying malicious advertisements or sponsored links, open spam email attachments occasionally.
Checked List Ads Removal guide step by step
Step 1: Uninstall Checked List Ads from Control Panel
Uninstall Application – Windows 8
Right click "Start" button or lower left corner of your desktop to open the "Quick Access Menu".
Select "Control Panel" option in the menu.
Click "Uninstall a Program".
Choose malicious program and click "Uninstall" button.
Uninstall Application – Windows 7, Vista
Click on "Start" button.
Click "Control Panel" option in the Start menu.
Find "Programs and Features" option in the Control Panel menu.
Scroll through the program list and highlight malicious program. Then, click "Uninstall".
Uninstall Application – Windows XP
Click on "Start" button.
Select "Control Panel" in the menu, or click on "Settings" option and select "Control Panel"
Find and double-click on "Add / Remove Programs" option in the Control Panel menu.
Scroll through the program list and click on malicious program. Then, click "Remove".
Step 2. Remove add-ons and extensions from your web browsers.
(1) Go to Tools, then choose Manage Add-ons.
(2) Click Programs tab, click Manage add-ons and disable all the suspicious add-ons.
(1) Click the Customize and Control menu button, click on Tools and navigate to Extensions.
(2) Find out and disable the extensions of Checked List Ads.
(1) Click the Firefox menu in the upper left corner, and click Add-ons.
(2) Click Extensions, select the related browser add-ons and click Disable.
Step 3: Remove Checked List Ads by resetting browsers:(Take IE as example)
1. Go for Alt + T and then click on Internet Option.
2. Select the "Advanced" tab and then click on the "Reset" button.
3. Move to the "Reset Internet Explorer setting", and then select "Delete personal setting" and press on "Reset" option.
4. Next, click on "close" and then OK to have modifications saved.
5. Click on the tabs Alt+T and go for Manage Add-ons. Move to Toolbars and Extensions, delete your unwanted extensions.
Step 4: use RegCure Pro optimize your PC
RegCure Pro is packed with the tools you need to boost your PC's speed and performance.Meanwhile, RegCure Pro can repair the PC system,and clean away registry, junk,duplicate files and errors such as exe,dll,and Windows. RegCure Pro has what you need to clean your computer as well as optimize it. The best way to improve your computer's performance is to start with a scan. This will tell you the current health status of your computer.
1. Download Regcure by clicking on the button below.
2. Double-click on the RegCure Pro program to open it
If Windows prompts you as to whether or not you wish to run RegCure Pro, please allow it to run.
3 Click next and complete the installation
4 Regcure Pro will begin to automatically scan your computer for errors. Regcure Pro thoroughly scans and cleans up your Windows registry automatically. Regcure Pro allows you to automate the whole process of regular optimization of your PC for best performance using an in-built "Fix All" scheduler.
Automatic steps - by using SpyHunter
SpyHunter is a powerful anti-spyware application that can help computer users to eliminate the infections such as Trojans, worms, rootkits, rogues, dialers, and spywares. SpyHunter removal tool works well and should run alongside existing security programs without any conflicts.
(1) Firstly, please click on the icon below to download SpyHunter.
(2) Follow these instructions to install SpyHunter into your computer.
(3) After installation, you should click on " Malware Scan " button to scan your computer, after detect this unwanted program, clean up relevant files and entries completely.
(4) Restart your computer to apply all made changes.
Optional solution: use RegCure Pro to optimize your PC.
RegCure Pro is a kind of tool you need to install to boost your computer's speed and performance. It can repair the computer’s system, and clean up the registry, junk, duplicate files and errors. The best way to improve your computer’s performance is to start with a scan. It can help you understand the current health status of your computer.
1. Download RegCure Pro by clicking on the button below.
2. Double-click on the RegCure Pro program to open it, and then follow the instructions to install it.
3. After installation, RegCure Pro will begin to automatically scan your computer.
After using these methods, your computer should be free of Checked List Ads. If you do not have much experience to remove it manually, it is suggested that you should download the most popular antivirus program SpyHunter to help you quickly and automatically remove all possible infections from your computer.