What is Smithvirusalert.com?
Smithvirusalert.com is a suspicious web page which can suddenly pop up on your screen and alert you with the massage about " WARNING! YOUR COMPUTER MAY BE INFECTED". And then trick you to call the provided number to get help to fix your computer. You may be worried about the issue due to its red color and bold words. However, it is a type of adware which can mislead you to malicious websites once you trust it and call the hotline.
The screenshot of Smithvirusalert.com:
Once infected, Smithvirusalert.com will constantly pop up that you can not stop it. It can change your browser settings and deliver lots of dangerous issues. You may be redirected to some unknown or malicious websites which may contain other malware or viruses. Also, it may bring other threats to your system that can cause further damages. In addition, it will slow down your computer performance due to lots of resources occupied by pop-ups. Moreover, Smithvirusalert.com is likely to collect your browser records and steal your privacy. Thus, Smithvirusalert.com should be removed as soon as possible from your computer.
Remove Smithvirusalert.com step by step with effective methods
Method one : Remove Smithvirusalert.com manually.
Step 1: End all the processes related to Smithvirusalert.com from task manager.
Open task manager by pressing Alt+Ctrl+Del keys at the same time and type taskmgr into the search blank. Then, press OK. Stop all the running processes of Smithvirusalert.com.
Step 2: Uninstall programs brought by Smithvirusalert.com.
For Windows XP: Start>>Control Panel>>Add or Remove Programs.
For Windows 7: Start>>Control Panel>>Programs and Features.
For Windows 8: Start>>Control Panel>>Uninstall a Program.
Choose your version and uninstall related programs.
(1) Go to Tools, then choose Manage Add-ons.
(2) Click Programs tab, click Manage add-ons and disable all the suspicious add-ons.
(1) Click the Customize and Control menu button, click on Tools and navigate to Extensions.
(2) Find out and disable the extensions of Smithvirusalert.com.
(1) Click the Firefox menu in the upper left corner, and click Add-ons.
(2) Click Extensions, select the related browser add-ons and click Disable.
Method two: Get rid of Smithvirusalert.com automatically by SpyHunter removal tool.
2: Follow the details to complete the installation processes listed below.
1) Double click on the download file, and follow the prompts to install the program.
2) Then click on "Run", if asked by the installer. The installer needs your permission to make changes to your computer.
3) SpyHunter installer will download its newest version from the Enigma Software Group servers.
4) Select your preferred language and click "OK" button.
5) Accept the License Agreement and click the "Next" button.
3: SpyHunter will start scanning your system automatically right after the installation has been completed.
4: Select the found malicious files after your scanning and click “Remove” button to delete all viruses.
5: Restart your computer to apply all made changes.
Optimizing Your System After Threat Removal (Optional)
Step 1. Download PC cleaner RegCure Pro
a) Click the icon below to download RegCure Pro automatically
b) Follow the instructions to finish RegCure Pro installation process
Step 2. Run RegCure Pro and start a System Scan on your PC.
Step 3. Use the in-built “Fix All" scheduler to automate the whole optimization process.
After using these methods, your computer should be free of Smithvirusalert.com. If you do not have much experience to remove it manually, it is suggested that you should download the most popular antivirus program SpyHunter to help you quickly and automatically remove all possible infections from your computer.