Default-Search.net as Damaging HIjacker Virus by Impressions1. Default-Search.net will constantly redirect your internet connection and tell you that you are browsing unsafely.
2. Your computer is acting slowly. Default-Search.net slows down your system significantly. This includes starting up, shutting down, playing games, and surfing the web.
3. Searches are redirected or your homepage and desktop are settings are changed. This is a symptom of a very serious Default-Search.net infection.
4. Default-Search.net will shut down your other anti-virus and anti-spyware programs. It will also infect and corrupt your registry, leaving your computer totally unsafe.
5. You are getting pestered with pop ups. Default-Search.net infects your registry and uses it to launch annoying pop up ads out of nowhere.
Tips for repairing search engine* Google Chrome
Open your Google Chrome->Wrench Icon > Settings > Manage Search Engines->Remove any unnecessary Search Engines from the list and make a certain search engine you prefer as your default search engine.
* Mozilla Firefox
Open your Mozilla Firefox->Tools > Search Icon (Magnify Glass, Arrow) > Manage Search Engines->Remove any unnecessary Search Engines from the list and make a certain search engine you prefer as your default search engine.
* Internet Explorer
Open your Internet Explorer->Tools > Manage Add-ons > Search Providers->Remove any unnecessary Search Engines from the list and make a certain search engine you prefer as your default search engine.
Manually remove Default-Search.net step by step1. Launch the Task Manager by pressing keys “CTRL + Shift + ESC”, search for Default-Search.net processes and right-click to end them.
2. Get rid of the following files created by Default-Search.net:
3. Open Registry Editor (in Windows XP, go to Start Menu, run, type in “Regedit” and press OK; in Windows 7 & Windows Vista, go to Start menu, Search, type in “Regedit”), find out the following Default-Search.net registry entries and delete:
HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings\random HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\run\random HKCU\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run |Regedit32
Automatic Removal Tool (Recommended)SpyHunter is a powerful, real-time anti-spyware application that designed to assist the average computer user in protecting their PC from malicious threats like worms, Trojans, rootkits, rogues, dialers, spyware, etc. It is important to notice that SpyHunter removal tool works well and should run alongside existing security programs without any conflicts.
Step 1. Click the Download icon below to install SpyHunter on your PC.
Step 2. After the installation, run SpyHunter and click “Malware Scan” button to have a full or quick scan on your computer.
Step 3. Choose Select all>Remove to get rid of all the detected threats on your PC.