As soon as installed onto your PC, SafeSearch.net will modify your browser settings and replace your default homepage with its website. Furthermore, this nasty browser hijacker may also bring many harmful programs to the system without your approval. And the browser speed will become slower than before because SafeSearch.net adds lots of malicious things to the browser and occupy lots of space. Besides, if you try to search some news or desired information from the Internet by using this inferior search engine, you will get inaccurate results that won’t meet your requirement. It is because all of the search results are monitored by SafeSearch.net. Meanwhile, many annoying ads keep popping up on the browser to mess up your browsing activities. Therefore, you should not trust this fake SafeSearch.net website in any time.
SafeSearch.net major characteristics
* SafeSearch.net is installed without your permission.
* SafeSearch.net reputation online is terrible.
* The payments website of SafeSearch.net is suspicious.
* Performance of the program is poor.
Instructions on how to remove SafeSearch.net manually
Method one: Open Control Panel to uninstall relevant application.
1. Find the “start” button on the lower left corner of your monitor, and then click it.
2. Find and double click the button “Control Panel”.
3. Find “Add / Remove Program” icon in the control panel, and then double click it.
4. When the windows pop up, find SafeSearch.net icon in the list, and then select it to start uninstalling it from your computer by clicking “Remove”.
5. When it is finished, reboot your computer to take effect.
Method two: General removal
Kill malicious processes:
Delete infected files:
%program files%\ IMVUToolbar \.dll
Delete infected registry values:
Keep in mind this requires sufficient computer troubleshooting skills in dealing with system processes, files and registry values. If you fail to perform the manual removal as quoted above by yourself, you’re welcome to click here to download SpyHunter to help you.