Generally speaking, Search.swagbucks.com is a malicious browser hijacker that tries to do as much harm as possible to affected machines while the users are browsing online. Once victimized, people may have the complaints that their PCs run extremely slow and it takes much more time to launch the normal programs. In some cases, a few executable programs, take antivirus software for example, will be miserably blocked by such a tricky virus. Fortunately, professional manual solution is highly appreciated to combat this virus without any risk.
Search.swagbucks.com is a big threat to your system# It comes without any consent and disguises itself in root of the system once installed.
# It can compromise your system and may introduce additional infections like rogue software.
# You may be redirected to some unsafe websites and advertisements which are not trusted.
# The Trojan often takes up high resources and strikingly slow down your computer speed.
# The virus can help the cyber criminals to track your computer and steal your personal information.
How to remove Search.swagbucks.com completely?Step 1- Remove add-ons:
1) Go to 'Tools' → 'Manage Add-ons';
2) Choose 'Search Providers' → choose 'Bing' search engine or 'Google' search engine and make it default;
3) Select 'Search Results' and click 'Remove' to remove it;
4) Go to 'Tools' → 'Internet Options', select 'General tab' and click 'Use default' button or enter your own website, e.g. Google.com. Click OK to save the changes.
1) Click on 'Customize and control' Google Chrome icon, select 'Settings';
2) Choose 'Basic Options'.
3) Change Google Chrome's homepage to google.com or any other and click the 'Manage search engines...' button;
4) Select 'Google' from the list and make it your default search engine;
5) Select 'Search Results' from the list remove it by clicking the "X" mark.
1) Click on the magnifier's icon and select 'Manage Search Engines....';
2) Choose 'Search Results' from the list and click 'Remove' and OK to save changes;
3) Go to 'Tools' → 'Options'. Reset the startup homepage or change it to google.com under the 'General tab';
Step 2- Open Windows Task Manager and close all running processes.
( Methods to open Task Manager: Press CTRL+ALT+DEL or CTRL+SHIFT+ESC or Press the Start button->click on the Run option->Type in taskmgr and press OK.)
1. Open Folder Options: clicking the Start button> Control Panel> Appearance and Personalization, and then clicking Folder Options. After that clicking the View tab.
2. Under Advanced settings, click Show hidden files and folders, uncheck Hide protected operating system files (Recommended) and then click OK.
Step 4- Search for all infected files and registry entries and remove them from your computer as follows:
How to prevent from being infected by virus like Search.swagbucks.com?(1)Be cautious when clicking some link. It can point your browser to download threats or visit malicious web site.
(2) Don't download unknown "free" software
(3) Avoid opening unknown e-mail attachments
(4) Don’t get access to illegal online contents such as gambling or porn.
In conclusion: If you haven’t sufficient expertise in dealing with program files, processes, .dll files and registry entries, it may lead to mistakes damaging your system permanently. If you are not very good at computer, you are recommended to ask help from an online professional expert here to avoid false operation of crashing your computer or from some friends who are very familiar with manual virus removal.